Tuesday, July 23, 2019

1. Trading 101: Moving Averages and Patintero - by ZeeFreaks (zeefreaks.blogspot.com)

Trading 101: Moving Averages and Patintero


Trading or Investing in stocks is like playing Patintero. 
It's all about the lines.





Taken from en.wikipilipinas.org

When I started trading stocks, i didn't know anything about candlesticks or patterns. And though I did my best to learn them, as a newbie without a mentor, I got frustrated halfway. I tried listening to the words of the 'enlightened ones' or gurus - sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn't. 

Starting out, my only trading system was "Buy and Pray."
It's funny when I think about it now.

But hey. Later I found out a better way of trading - Following "The Lines."
And these lines became my trusted friends in trading. The Moving Averages.

These are my linemen. You can customize your linemen the way you want.

Red Line = 30 MA
Pink Line = 60 MA
Blue Line = 90 MA


In Simple words:
When your "linemen" are above the candles, the trend is down.
When your "linemen" are below the candles, the trend is up.


In Patintero, once a lineman catches you, you're out! Period.
In stocks, I can choose which lineman tells me when I'm out.


Example:



Because No matter how fundamentally solid or trashy the stock, 
it is emotions that drive the price.




Additional Notes:

+ Moving Averages works well with Blue Chips, some 2nd Liners,
 but rarely on 3rd Liners (should be jockeyed).

+ When you use MAs, you need to have patience. 

+ My current linemen are 20/50/100 MAs.

+ "The trend is your friend."

+ Always consider how many of your linemen are on your side. 
Ask these questions:
x - How many are below/above the candles?
x - Which MA is bullish/bearish?

Source: Trading 101: Moving Averages and Patintero - by ZeeFreaks (zeefreaks.blogspot.com)





Posted by: PinoyStockTrader | Author and Admin of this blog. For more updates, you can follow us on and Twitter. God bless, have a nice day! and Happy Trading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter